- Wondering where to park tomorrow? Lyndale is a snow emergency route, and Sunday is day 3, so anywhere on Lyndale…. http://bit.ly/70SWVC #
- “Do not let the fact that things are not made for you, that conditions are not as they should be stop you. Go on… http://bit.ly/5mWQss #
- There will be no Tarot Readings this afternoon. But we are open until 4pm today for your last-minute holiday… http://bit.ly/4G0vKM #
- That was a lot of snow to shovel. You've got four hours of last-minute shopping at the eye left . . . Bob's Java… http://bit.ly/5eYFw1 #
- Looks like roads are plowed. We should open on time or nearly. The shoveling out front might take a little… http://bit.ly/7zjEkf #
- We're open until 9pm tonight, and will be open from 10am to 4pm tomorrow (weather permitting). http://bit.ly/8KVOuO #
- Come to "Intro to Wyrd Reclaiming Workshop" Saturday, January 23, 2010 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The Weavers of… http://bit.ly/8SFIVu #
- Come to "Witch Crafting – Craft Circle" Sunday, January 10, 2010 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Bring your stitching,… http://bit.ly/7UCwnl #
- Come to "Tarot Progressions – Intermediate Tarot Course" Sunday, January 10, 2010 from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm. January… http://bit.ly/6QzGpn #
- Mpls Less Literate? http://bit.ly/4DSPp2 #
- Our best-selling affirmation candles are now available online…. http://bit.ly/815g83 #
- Chuck Boe, M.A. is available for Tarot Readings or Spiritual Counseling until 9:00 tonight. Give a call! 612-872-1292 http://bit.ly/7THEhR #
- Check out the new Norse/Heathen/Viking Pendants from Dryad Design! http://bit.ly/92UiDN http://bit.ly/7VSirX #
- “Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again… http://bit.ly/6MmWri #
- Well, we've made it through the longest night of the year . . . Happy Winter Solstice everyone! http://bit.ly/5m7IgR #
Archives for December 2009
Discover a collection of 22 chants for pagans, nature mystics, Goddess lovers, and those who celebrate the cycles of the year, featuring strong female vocals backed with percussion, guitar, and a choir.
We first got this CD in when T. Thorn Coyle came to the Twin Cities earlier this year. Since then, Songs for the Waning Year and the companion CD, Songs for the Strengthening Sun, have become a couple of our favorites to play in the store. This is not your old-fashioned dirge-like chant collection. These are songs which invite you to encounter the mystery, celebrate the spirit, and honor deity. Some songs are devotional and contemplative, like the Hecate Chant, and some will get you up on your feet and moving your body, like Osiris Lives. Others are great for group ritual, like Come All Who Hunger.
The songs on this CD are all written by Sharon Knight and Thorn Coyle, and delivered with a passion that beautifully conveys their love of nature’s cycles.
If you are pagan or goddess oriented and want to lend a fresh voice to your devotions or rituals, then pick up these CDs. They are fabulous. Click on the links below for complete track listings and mp3 samples:
When most people speak of crystals, they are thinking of the clear or milky crystal known as Quartz. Physically quartz is nature’s energy-generator. Ancient Japanese believed quartz formed from the breath of a white dragon, and regarded it as representing perfection. Australian Aborigines used quartz in rain rituals. Shamans use quartz world wide in healing ceremonies.
Quartz is the state gem of Georgia, the state mineral of Arkansas, and is the gem of all astrological signs.
Elements: Fire & Air.
Keywords: Power, Clarity
Chakra: Clear quartz is associated with the crown chakra, but also works effectively to balance and energize all chakras.
Quartz, also called Rock Crystal, is the most common mineral on the surface of the earth and actually makes up roughly 10%-12% of the earth’s crust. It is a component of almost every type of rock. It comes in an incredible number of varieties and colors. For example when purple its amethyst, when yellow citrine, sometimes it has inclusions of rutile or tourmaline but this writing will stick with clear quartz.
In industry it is mined as ore for silicon, used in glassmaking and optical instruments, testing radio frequency standards, and in watches.
Metaphysical Properties of Quartz
Quartz clears away negative energy. It is a stone of clarity which dispels negativity and can be used to purify and clarify on the spiritual, mental, and physical planes. Quartz is therefore useful on your alter or in any medicine bag. It’s clarity is also powerfully protective. Quartz enhances spiritual growth, spirituality and wisdom. Because it clarifies thought processes and emotions, it can help with meditation and problem solving, increasing inspiration and creativity. It can also help particularly with concentration, studying, and retention. Quartz balances and harmonizes energies, and is even helpful in providing clarity and light to romantic relationships.
Psychically, quartz is a powerful stone, and it amplifies effects of other stones. It is used for protection against negativity of all stripes: black magic, ill will, or just stray negative energy. Quartz can be used to open the third eye for clarity of psychic vision, and can be used to communicate with spirits and other realms. Quartz is a stone that can access ancient wisdom and bring it into the present. It is a very good stone for astral travel, manifestation, scrying, channeling, dream recall and dream work. Basically, any energy work.
Before crystal balls could be manufactured of glass crystal, they were polished spheres of quartz. Many still prefer the planes and inclusions of a natural quartz crystal for meditation and scrying purposes.
Quartz in Your Medicine Bag or Worn as Jewelry
Quartz is a Master Healer stone. It is an excellent all purpose healer. It amplifies healing energy and Quartz is used to draw white light into the physical body, helping to diagnose disease, stimulating brain functions and activating the pineal and pituitary glands. It has been used historically to detect food poison. It is said to draw out pain. Quartz fortifies and strengthens all systems of the body. Quartz is reputed to be particularly effective for chronic fatigue, arthritis, bone injuries, depression, fibromyalgia, intestinal troubles.
It is also thought to help treat blood hemorrhage, emphysema, consumption, pituitary gland disorders and skin, circulatory system and respiratory system disorders. Quartz energy is said to help detoxify the body and to help treat disorders of the digestive system, kidneys, bladder and eyes. It is said to help provide relief from pain, recovering from radiation exposure, and to strengthen the immune system.
It also improves mental and physical energy, stamina, and physical strength.
WARNINGS: Do not ingest! Mystical lore on crystal healing is for external energy work and is not a prescription, diagnosis or healthcare information. See a qualified healthcare practitioner about all injuries, illness or other health related issues! You are responsible for your use or misuse of this information. Broken crystals may have razor-sharp edges that can easily cut flesh. Handle with care. Do not grind. Exposure to finely ground powder may lead to silicosis.