- Escape the malls and stop in to meet Gede Parma, author of By Land, Sky
& Sea tonight at 7:30pm -… http://fb.me/NSsowf51 #
- Drop by for a visit today and enjoy free parking. Meters are not enforced in Minneapolis today! #
- http://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday http://fb.me/Nb3fikSH #
- “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of… http://fb.me/ypB9nfZ7 #
- On the other hand, we just got Songs for the Waning Year back in stock – there are sound samples if you've never… http://fb.me/MwRsn9X3 #
- Yup – the Calendars are in – even Jim Maynard's Celestial Guides – http://shop.eyeofhorus.biz/2011-Calendars-s/263.htm http://fb.me/Kw2fVivJ #
- Look who's coming to the Eye tonight? You could join them! http://www.meetup.com/twincitiestarot/ http://fb.me/FbJP50rW #
- Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others." ~Zen Proverb #
- Edward Gorey Holiday Cards now in stock . . . from staff response, they may not last the week. We also have Sierra Club Cards #
- Heads up! Eye of Horus will be closed on Thursday to celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday. #
- Our latest email newsletter went out on Friday . . . did you get it?… http://fb.me/OKgAJOA0 #
- "Snowflakes, leaves, humans, plants, raindrops, stars, molecules, microscopic entities all come in communities…. http://fb.me/GMsS2osb #
- "It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts."~John Wooden #
- Yes, the Eye is open today. Morning classes & services have been canceled due to street ice. Corrine Kenner will… http://fb.me/EVvg5Xva #
Archives for November 2010
Friday, November 26th at 7:30pm – Discover the shamanic roots of modern Witchcraft and experience a profound deepening of the soul. Author Gede Parma will introduce us to the ancient Celtic trinity of land, sky, and sea, while exploring its associated Greek, Hawaiian, Hindu, Stregheria, and Wiccan customs. His newest book, BY LAND, SKY AND SEA: THREE REALMS OF SHAMANIC WITCHCRAFT, works to develop basic magick skills in breath work, grounding and centering, omen walks, and celebrating the body through dance. In the book, he lays out methods for expanding consciousness and working with energy, including astral projection, clairvoyance, and aura balancing, and ultimately enact shamanistic practices of trance, vision journeying, channeling, and oracle reading.
Gede will be at Eye of Horus to discuss and sign his book on Friday night. He is also teaching a workshop on Trance & Pagan Gnosis on Saturday afternoon for $35, and will be available for readings Saturday evening.
Gede Parma (Australia) has been an active member of his local Pagan community for years. He is an initiated priest of the WildWood Tradition of Witchcraft, a healer and seer, and a keen student of natural health and medicine. He is the descendant of diviners and spiritual healers and is of Balinese-Celtic heritage.
“Few writers impress me as much as Gede Parma. A true Priest of the Craft, Gede is following his higher calling. Witches, magicians, and spiritual individuals of all varieties can learn from the sound, intelligent, and experiential advice found in the pages of BY LAND, SKY & SEA. Without pretense, the author gets straight to the core of the material: conveying significant information that can help a fellow seeker walk his or her path of empowerment and self-awareness. The mystical techniques and honest advice given in this book can be a much-needed inspiration for those who wish to deepen and actualize their living spirituality!” –Raven Digitalis, author of Shadow Magick Compendium and Planetary Spells & Rituals
Praise for By Land, Sky & Sea:
“Lyrical, anecdotal, and practical . . . This book will engage and refresh the seasoned practitioner of modern Witchcraft and enlighten the novice equally. Recommended.”—Kala Trobe, author of The Witch’s Guide to Life
On Sunday, December 12th, Eye of Horus presents some of their favorite artisans, artists, and hand-crafters. This is the perfect time for you to find an utterly unique gift and support local artists at the same time! We’ll have a shop within a shop with the artists and crafters filling our great new classroom space with their wares.
Discover amazing wearable art like this feature piece by Sprite Creations “What a Steamship Mechanic Wears to the Ball” Specializing in hand-crafted jewelry and adornments, Amy Purdes of Sprite Creations says, “I believe that life is too short to wear the same thing everyone else is! Every one of us is unique and so it should be with our adornments, too!”
But wait, keep reading, there’s Mohr!
Stop and check out the Mohr Creations table, featuring beautiful jewelry, wire-wraps and woven silver designs with crystals and gemstone beads. Earrings, Pendants, Necklaces and more. Simply fabulous!
More than Jewelry
As a special treat, we’ve persuaded one of our most popular artists to come with archival-quality prints of her latest works. Meredith Dillman is an artist and illustrator living in Minnesota. Most of her paintings are created with watercolor. She enjoys painting fairies, woodland creatures and other fantasy and medieval themes and has been drawing such since childhood. She is inspired by Pre-Raphaelite artists, Japanese comics, and turn-of-the-century book illustration.
Meredith holds a BFA degree in Illustration from Minnesota State University. Her work has been published in RPG games and licensed for products and collectables. She recently illustrated the book Watercolor Made Easy: Fairies and Fantasy from Walter Foster.
Mugwort Maggie will also be there with a table featuring her magical scent blends and her popular eco-friendly laundry soaps.
So come down on Sunday, December 12th and meet some great local talent and pick up a truly unique gift!