The Vernal Equinox took place on Sunday, March 20, at 6:33 AM (Central Time). Which means that Minneapolis had a major snowstorm two days ago. We are looking forward to the thaw and spring planting and Labyrinth building! For more info on our Labyrinth project, check out our Labyrinth Page We are also looking forward to some roof repair . . . more on that when it is scheduled. We will remain open during the process.
At least it does according to 20% of Americans. 17% believe the earth revolves around the sun once a day ( The Week, Jan. 7,2005). That factoid plus a number of others about the American Superiority Complex are outlined here:
City Pages Article: America by the Numbers
It’s like the T-Shirt says: I see dumb people, they’re everywhere. They don’t know they’re stupid.
Sigh. Everytime I run across something like that, I keep thinking that yes, we are in the Hindu end-time age of Kali Yuga –> What this means and we have about 427,000 years to go. Basically, it means it sucks to live with a bunch of idiots but it’s a great time to work out your enlightenment. It goes much faster when you have to find the grace to deal.
1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called “life.”
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately “work.”
4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There’s no part of life that doesn’t contain its lessons. If you’re alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is no better a place than “here.” When your “there” has become a “here,” you will simply obtain another “there” that will again look better than “here.”
7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie within you.The answers to life’s questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. You will forget all this.
— Author unknown