This year we are celebrating at the store by doing some spring cleaning, which means we’re having our first ever clearance sale. We have some titles which we have too much stock on, some shirt designs we’re discontinuing, and even some incense we’re moving out to make room for new items. We also have a load of used books we don’t have room for, and there are some real bargain gems in there. It’s a good time to make a clean sweep and offer you a special value. Buffalo Exchange is also having a sale, plus we are both supporting Earth and Environmental causes.
So come down this Saturday, April 24, 2010 from 10am to 9pm at the Eye, and you will find:
- Bargains We’re turning our Twilight Room into a Bargain room (look for the Beyond Here there be Bargains sign in the back of the store.) With loads of used books and overstock items at 30-50% off the retail price.
- Tarot Readings Both Amanda Horton and Chuck Boe will be available for Tarot Readings on Saturday. Schedule your reading now!
- Flowers The labyrinth is open for walking. Stop and say hi to the Bleeding Hearts, Tulips, Violets and whoever else is out there.
- You can Plant a Tree – Remember to pick up an Eco Libris sticker for $1 – see below.
- Save Wildlife from Trash – Buffalo Exchange (just on the other side of the used car lot next to our store) is also having a special Dollar Day sale for a good cause – more details below.
Eye of Horus Tree Planting Campaign
Have you planted a tree lately? It’s easier than you think! For just $1 you can support the Eco Libris Tree planting program. If you love books, and love trees, this is the perfect solution to create balance in your life. How? Whenever you buy a book or a tarot deck, or heck, anything at Eye of Horus, you can also purchase and Eco Libris sticker for just a buck. We love the program, and thought it was time to remind everyone they have the option of a sticker every time they check out. It’s one of the things which makes Earth Day every day at the Eye. Read more about the little things we do to make a big difference on our Eye on the Environment page.
Save Wildlife from Trash
Buffalo Exchange (just down the street from us, on the other side of the used car lot) is having a special $1 sale to celebrate Earth Day on Saturday, and we think it’s for a good cause. Here’s the info from their flier & website:
Saturday, April 24th from 11a.m. to 8p.m., Buffalo Exchange is celebrating Earth Day in our parking lot. We would like to invite you to join the festivities. There will be music, food, and fun! Plus you can help save wildlife from discarded trash while shopping for hip used clothing at a bargain! In celebration of Earth Day, all proceeds from Buffalo Exchange’s Dollar Day Sale benefit The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal protection organization. All sale items offered for just $1 each at your local Buffalo Exchange on April 24 will go to the Don’t Trash Wildlife campaign of The HSUS, and three HSUS wildlife centers that rescue and rehabilitate wild animals. Earth Day benefits at Buffalo Exchange stores have raised over $274,000 for environmental causes since 1997.
So come on down to the edge of uptown on Saturday for fun and to help a couple of good causes.